Gluing wood battens to concrete ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to replace the ancient battens in a concrete recess in my ceiling (the water mains run through it). It's only 12 inches wide by 6 foot long and I'm going to cover the recess with 1/2inch plasterboard. I'm then going to plaster over it for a smooth finish prior to painting.

Can anyone recommend a suitable glue for the 2 by 1 wooden battens I'm gonna use cos although I'd prefer to screw the battens into the concrete, it's too awkward to get a masonry drill into the recess because the pipes are in the way.

Is it even ok to do this ? I mean, there's not gonna be any weight suspended from this particular section of the ceiling.

Sponsored Links
Evostick (I think it's Evostick, can't be bothered going to the van to check) make something called "sticks like sh*t". No really, that's what it says on the tube. That should do it.
Would be better with screws though, but if you wanna glue it......on your head be it. It might actually end up on your head too. :LOL:

http://www.bostik-findley.co.uk/corpweb/p2.nsf
If you select TRADE then GRAB ADHESIVE. Sticks like sh*t is still listed in the menu. However, the page itself is unavailable so maybe they are doing something with it...... like changing the name.
It does puzzle me as why they would call it a name that. Surely the name means it can't be sold in places like B&Q etc for fear of upsetting the old dears. Surely "Sticks like Hell" would have been better. Oh well that's my tuppence worth.

Sponsored Links
gcol said:
http://www.bostik-findley.co.uk/corpweb/p2.nsf
If you select TRADE then GRAB ADHESIVE. Sticks like sh*t is still listed in the menu. However, the page itself is unavailable so maybe they are doing something with it...... like changing the name.
It does puzzle me as why they would call it a name that.
:LOL: It`s not even a proper quote :rolleyes: it should be "sticks like **** to a blanket" :LOL: **** doesn`t stick to a great number of things.for instance a well polished shovel.....I am hoping to rival the 7 page Rising Damp debate as to what sticks and what does not. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back