Go pro brackets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know where to find these brackets or metal stringers? Please help.

Edit: I dragged an image but it converted into a link. Will see if I can find an image

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
You have posted a USA reference site - no big deal but just to give you a heads up.
Similar can be got in the UK but I would steer clear of them if I was you.
Do you want to build a flight of stairs?

You have posted a USA reference site - no big deal but just to give you a heads up.
Similar can be got in the UK but I would steer clear of them if I was you.
Do you want to build a flight of stairs?

Thank you for you quick reply.

Yes, I want to build stairs. My stairs are dividing two rooms in an open plan house. Wooden stingers(2 x 12) or even (2 x 10) look very heavy so I was looking at wood + metal or metal ones for delicate options.

- Why would you stay away from these?
- What are the alternatives?
- Where can you buy in the UK?

Please let me know

Putting those brackets on does not mean you can have smalller strings, as the latter are structural.
There is a reason why stairs are traditionally made by housing the treads and risers into the strings, rather than screwing triangular bits on top of lengths of timber.

Sponsored Links
Putting those brackets on does not mean you can have smalller strings, as the latter are structural.
There is a reason why stairs are traditionally made by housing the treads and risers into the strings, rather than screwing triangular bits on top of lengths of timber.
So what is the solution for thinner stringers. Glass stairs = break the bank.
Will steel stringers be relatively thinner? Where to find steel stringers?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back