going rate for a plumber

Sponsored Links
Day rate £200, or if you want a price fine. I don't haggle and won't knock anything off for cash. If a customer wants to get money off I can usually do something with the price, inferior materials will be where the saving comes from, not my labour.

£200 a day is fair :D

fair enough thats all i wanted to know..........not to get slagged off

Sponsored Links
I am always amazed that anyone would think the place to complain about a plumber's prices is a plumbers website?

What did you expect?

Find a solicitors' website and ask if £200 a DAY is excessive.

dont remember saying i complained anywhere here......i asked yes and itv seems i have upset the whole of the plumbing trade for mm termerrity for which i will now apologise....i think i have learned my lesson

dont remember saying i complained anywhere here......i asked yes and itv seems i have upset the whole of the plumbing trade for mm termerrity for which i will now apologise....i think i have learned my lesson

Don't take it too personally, its just that it happens quite a lot on here where people think they are being ripped off by their plumber.

I remember one poster who was concerned that the plumber who came to give her a quote was too scruffy and that she would rather go with someone who was better dressed (presumably in a suit and tie) :LOL:

cos dentists and the like are not sub contracted thats why

So why are you haggling with the sub contractor then?

I think I can only reiterate Dan's comment. IF(?) he's a Labour only subbie included in the Small Works Building Contract, why are you in contact with him directly?? There's a certain protocol involved in these things, you must follow that & if it all goes t.ts up; you're left with little or no recourse if you don't follow the protocol.

While saving can be requested from the Main Contractor, it's up to them to make the proposals. Get everything in writing!!

£200/day in London is too low, it'll end in tears.

thanks all (except a few as far as im concerned)
im clued up now and everything will be ok with my guy as ill have a word tomorrow to make DOUBLE sure he is happy with what he is getting( ill make sure he is)
ive been put right by what you guys have said on here but some of it has been a bit over the top imo
Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back