going to court for speeding.watch this space.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
first of i do not condone speeding and admit that i was(even though i thought the limit was 40mph and not 30 mph)i am prepared to pay take the points and pay the fine but for 1 small problem..........
does anyone know as the law stands the time difference between 2 photos on the same journey?i have been photo'd at 08/05/05 10:39:31 then again at 08/05/05 10:39:52 .the camera is controled by a human with no computer assitance so he must have known he was targeting me twice.the day was a sunday,visibility good,no other traffic or pedestrians.i feel like taking the story to the national press to see what they would make of it.21 SECONDS seems like harrasment.the camera is not there now so obviousley the road must be safe or they are too busy counting all the money from the fines generated.my auntie who had a clean licence for 40 yrs got done aswell.i have had a clean licence for 23 years.what is everyones opinion or views on this matter.obviousley the pc will say i was done twice on 2 different times but 21 seconds on 1 journey seems a bit much.got till the 1st aug when i am summoned.

Sponsored Links
I agree that that seems totally unreasonable. I cannot make any comment as I do not know what the law says or what prior cases have determined. there are several specilised web sites.

Can you get a comment from the AA or RAC and perhaps the motoring magazines?

Did the PC actually stop you and talk to you? What did he say.

Perhaps a letter to the Chief Constable followed after his reply with a formal complaint of victimisation would help.

You say you will be summoned? Is that because you were exceeding 52 mph? Or is it because two lots of three points will take you up to 12 points? Maybe when you receive the summons it will only be for one offence?

I dont envy you!

Tony

was this at one location !!!!!! i know they are only twenty seconds appart but if one or both devises had the time set wrongly you could be caught twice

but my thoughts are surley you can only be charged once with the same offence I.E. you have to drop below the speed limmit and excelerate back up to excessive speed

so if you are driving constantly above the speed shurley it would only be one offence

but only my thoughts you understand ;)

I suspect you may have been done by a traffic copper in a car either following you or at a stationary position somewhere although can't be too sure. Anyway, ever seen those white 'blocks' in the middle of road? always come in twos about 200 yards between each... when you pass one and copper suspects you are speeding he can press a button which starts a timer in his car then he presses a button when you go over second 'block'. This gives time enough to prosicute I also think the timer videos the event aswell.
Anyway sounds like this may have happened to you mate I really wouldn't bother arguing if that is the case!

Sponsored Links
i was caught twice by a pc out the back of a transit van.one @ 38mph the other @43 mph 21 secs apart.the 1st photo shows me going towards the camera,the 2nd photo shows me going away after i had turned round in the garage without stopping.my solicitor thinks it is bizzare and will contest on grounds of unusual circumstances.he thinks the pc was having a field day with me and could'ntbelieve his luck.if it was about safetry o.k. but from the pictures the car is stable and not squatting down under accelration or dipping from braking just a normal sunday drive.(if i had known it was a 30 mph zone then i would'nt be going to court.i'll just have to see what happens on the day but my solictor wants it ajourned to check out all details. :confused:

ohmygodwhathaveyoudone said:
first of i do not condone speeding and admit that i was(even though i thought the limit was 40mph and not 30 mph)i am prepared to pay take the points and pay the fine but for 1 small problem..........
does anyone know as the law stands the time difference between 2 photos on the same journey?i have been photo'd at 08/05/05 10:39:31 then again at 08/05/05 10:39:52 .the camera is controled by a human with no computer assitance so he must have known he was targeting me twice.the day was a sunday,visibility good,no other traffic or pedestrians.i feel like taking the story to the national press to see what they would make of it.21 SECONDS seems like harrasment.the camera is not there now so obviousley the road must be safe or they are too busy counting all the money from the fines generated.my auntie who had a clean licence for 40 yrs got done aswell.i have had a clean licence for 23 years.what is everyones opinion or views on this matter.obviousley the pc will say i was done twice on 2 different times but 21 seconds on 1 journey seems a bit much.got till the 1st aug when i am summoned.

THESE bstrds park at the side of the roads in hire vans now and i was told they have tendered for the contract and are making a fortune just like the wheel clampers the country,s corupt

I wouldn't be surprised if 90% of speeding convictions were from 30mph limits.

OK, so we should all know that it is a 30, we all learn that it is something to do with distances between lamp-posts and a lack of repeater signs. Also when you enter a 30 zone you go past big "30" signs. So I'm afraid you really don't have any excuse if you thought it was a 40 (or thought it should be a 40 ;) ).

Enough people seem confused about this that I think they should either introduce repeater signs at a certain interval, or (to avoid signs everywhere) have a public ad campaign educating us all as to what makes it a 30 zone. I would prefer the latter, repeaters every 100yds would look ugly.

Tis very sneaky though. Similar to the case where you might pass 4 cameras in a few miles and go from clean licence to no licence, simply because there was no copper there to pull you over and tell you the error of your ways. I hope you manage to get one withdrawn.

Just thank goodness this wasn't when you were burning your SAAB down the M62! :LOL:

OMG

Look up David Edgar on Google.

He gave me good advice re my alleged offence.

Well can you share this good advice with the rest of us? And who is this gentleman?

Tony

Sponsored Links
Back