Going up from 8 to 10mm to radiator.

Sponsored Links
My legendary-ness exceeded my mind years ago - I have now progressed to being a legend in my own bath water.

Now, if you have spent all your life in the engineering industry why don't you know the difference between pressure and flow?

Or are you another of the leading engineering industry's Tea Ladies/Boys/Lady-boys?

Genuine question.... always good to know these things. It always amazes me how many clueless "engineers" appear on here.

Electrical engineer. My thoughts were based on the fact the larger the cross sectional area of a cable the less resistance. Pure and simple.
You know, without the sarcasm, you are probably a decent bloke.

Nowt wrong with a bit of sarcasm.

There's a saying about sarcasm and its ranking in forms of whit, which I have a counter for. :evil:

Sponsored Links
That's just it... people often take my general childishness as sarcasm. I am far too witless for that :LOL:

I do enjoy a good but of banter, and my comment on giving a bit of stick in return for advise still stands :mrgreen: especially as we don't get paid for being here.

Think we should let the OP have his thread back now though, we seem to hijacked it. :LOL:

So, if I may just point out the salient points of this thread:
I have some 10mm pipe spare and a bender etc so i would like to use 10mm. I know nothing about the principles of liquid flow so would there be any detrimental effect from using a reducer (the opposite way round) to go up from 8 to 10mm. Would it affect the heating effect at all?
No problem.

I must say gents that I am appalled by the level of poor behaviour shown on this thread. Maybe it's just that I don't like argumentative and abusive behaviour and have never ever taken part in such outrageous shenanigans :mrgreen:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back