Gold Plating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone tell me where I can get some nozzle caps off my spa bath re-plated in gold.
The systems is a few years old and everythis is OK except a couple of the nozzle caps have started to peel. Looked on the manufacturer's website and they are no longer listed.

Sponsored Links
You could try Cambridge Electroplating, or you could look up electroplaters on Yell

You might struggle with this. Ten years ago there were probably 50+ small platers around the country who could do this for you; I'd be surprised if you can now find more than 3 or 4! (Unless you look in Taiwan or Shanghai).

The base material of your nozzles could be brass, zinc (or less likely, aluminium) diecast, or plastic. This will be the main deciding factor on who can do it for you. Then it could be Nickel plated (undercoat to the gold) or Chrome (if they've been "PVD"'ed).

If it's Nickel, try Goldrite (Sheffield), Douglas Plating (Kent).

Good luck.

Sponsored Links
nice one barryo. good info.

i wish my problems extended to ....

"except a couple of the nozzle caps have started to peel. "

i dunno
maybe its just

me

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back