Grundfos (25-60) UFH pump - seized?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a grundfos UFH pump on a stand-alone manifold that hasn't been run in a few years - I suspect it might be seized. How might I go about breaking the crud up and running the pump to then sweep some cleaner through?

I've taken the cap off the end with a large slotted screwdriver and I can see the end of the rotor, but it's not an Allen cap on the end but some sort of 4 point asymetric head. I don't want to just grab it with some pliers as this would likely gash up the thread/sealing face for the cap I removed.

full

I note from the manufacturers manual that the 4 Allen bolts holiding the motor to the pump can be moved to re-orient the motor. However, being as there's CH fluid in behind the cap, there's a good chance it's supposed to be full of water, and therefore the flange with the 4 bolts has a sealing face (and I don't want to break this seal unless I have to)

Nozzle

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
In the absence of the correct tool a suitable screwdriver or maybe an Allen key will get it rotating.

The pump shaft is brittle so if you mad at it it will shatter.
Drain or isolate and just take off the pump head. The sealing washer will be fine for re-use.
With patience you can normally unseize the pump.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your feedback folks - I'll give it a go and report back when I get the time

Nozzle

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back