Golf for Chippies

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone recommend any golf courses in Wales for me and the lads? We are thinking of going in June for a week. I have been nominated to organise this trip for 5 chippies and me. I don’t want to let them down.

Thanks for any suggestion help.

b.
:LOL:

Sponsored Links
Where abouts in Whales you thinking of going?
If your going North, I hear Porthmadog has great courses.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Noseall,

Im a beginner but the lads say there good. Are these courses suitable for novices? Would you know what the cost for a round is.

golfers say royal st davids at harlech, is the toughest par 69 in the uk. i wont argue with that!

toughest to easiest:
st davids
porthcawl
pennard
porthmadog
tenby
aberdovey
llanymynech
expect to pay upwards of 60.00£ for the royals, £20-50 for the others. most courses have an "open" in the summer, if you do some research and find out when, you could save a pretty penny.

I love Golf but never played Links before. Any tips.

Miss Nobrun The walk is the boring bit.

links golf, particularly in the summer is firm and fast, so expect long drives, but also vulnerable to the wind. its completely different to parkland golf. links golf is best played on the ground, parkland, in the air.

porthmadog sound like the place to go

Noseall you sound like a low handicaper. My Handicap is arround 28, will I need to show a handicap card?

most people who are useless at golf call it boring. it can be very intimidating for some as youre weaknesses are quickly exposed.

Sponsored Links
Back