Golf for Chippies

most seaside links courses arent that bothered about handicap, just ettiquette, but the royals expect 21 or lower.

Sponsored Links
links golf is best played on the ground, parkland, in the air

Isn't all golf played on the ground? Golf in the air - that's pure madness! How do you tee off?

Never really tried it. I just think that the interest and money in the game is totally disproportionate to the game it's self. It's about as good as throwing screwed up paper into the bin and going 'yes'!!

because of the nature of links golf, what with the wind and the speed of the greens, the course asks you to play a lot of bump and runs, in other words, low or along the ground. parkland is target golf, where high drop and stop wedges are the norm.

Sponsored Links
the reason theres so much money in golf, is its a sponsors dream, unlike, say darts wich is a sponsors nightmare.

there isn't any violent conduct on the course, ( unlike football) golfers are self regulating, and will even call a foul on themselves even if there the only one thats seen it (unlike football) hardly any drunken behavior, with the exception of john daly, plus its an extremely difficult sport to master. all these things tempt big corporate sponsorship, from very wealthy backers.

actually the drunken behavior bit wasnt quite true. the phoenix open in the usa attracts almost half a million visitors, half of which are drunk college students, drives the players mad.

Yeah, but money doesn't make sport interesting. And as you say, not a lot of passion/desire to win, to get the adrenalin flowing. C'mon, step up to bowls, or curling, or domino's, or shove 'apenny. All slightly interesting to the player, but watch it. No, kill me now.

adrenalin... are you kidding, step onto the first tee with a herd of people watching, shaking like a leaf. as for pressure, in the final holes of a strokeplay tournament, the leader can go from first to last in a few holes or each put missed can cost several hundred thousand quid.

Noseall, I'm just pulling yer leg. My mate is a green keeper, but I don't play. Genuinely not interested. Some mates have had the same thoughts as me, but once they had a go, they really enjoyed it. Don't think I'm old enough yet.... :D

Now a reply from a welsh Golfer!!!! :D

for the novice you must try Lakeside golf course its on the outskirts of porthcawl. Its a real fun course ideal for a novice group.

another novice "fun course" is Blackpill it runs parallel with the swansea coast and there are lots of really nice "cost effective" hotels in the area and lots of watering holes!

Sponsored Links
Back