Golf TDi lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The lights on my 1.9 TDi (2007) seem to be lacking somewhat, has anybody replaced the main beam bulbs etc with anything better.
Are there any problems with warranty.
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
If you've come here to seek approval for fitting aftermarket HID lamps, you've come to the wrong place.

If your lights are too dim, there must be an electrical fault, or you're blind.

I'm not seeking your approval for anything mate.
Is everybody rude and aggressive on this forum or have I just been unlucky !!

Steve said:
If you've come here to seek approval for fitting aftermarket HID lamps, you've come to the wrong place.

Why be an arse with your reply, the guy was asking a genuine question, he didnt come here for abuse.

Sponsored Links
kev25v6 said:
Steve said:

Why be an a**e with your reply, the guy was asking a genuine question, he didnt come here for abuse.

Agreed, thats what these forums are all about, trouble is there seem to be too many people on them who just like to jump down other peoples throats. If you don't want to help then why not just keep quiet.

abuse? thats the other forum :LOL: this is alkwardness.

but in regard to

yottie said:
............Are there any problems with warranty.

ask they who write the waranty not us, since if i said no and they said yes, what are you going to do? say some bloke on a forum that you don't know, will never meet said it was ok.

in general if its not fitted to the vehicle, does not have the makers name, not sold by an aproved dealer for said vehicle, it shouldnt go on said vehicle

may also be ilegal

This guy has a brand new golf. There's nothing wrong with his headlamps, He just regrets having HIDs fitted from new.

It seemed to me that he wanted someone to say HID in a favourable way, so he could go on . . "oh so HIDs are good are they?" :rolleyes:

In my opinion, HIDs do not improve road safety. Especially aftermarket ones.

Yottie, I may be wrong, I am simply defending what I said, I apologise if i am wrong.

Try the headlamp dip switch. It may be set at a low position.

The apology should perhaps be for " there must be an electrical fault, or you're blind" ??

yottie said:
The apology should perhaps be for " there must be an electrical fault, or you're blind" ??
OK i apologies for that - Golfs are very well built cars, so the chances of an electrical fault are very slight.

;)

Sponsored Links
Back