Good All Round Sander

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey all,

I've got a good few wood DIY jobs coming up this summer, making a garden table, sanding down an arbour, sanding some painted beams that the wife wants varnishing.

Can anyone recommend a good all purpose sander that would do a good variety of jobs. I saw a Bosch PSS 250 Orbital for £49 today - which looked a good shout.

But as id like to invest in a decent sander that will last me a good few years - id like to know what the good people of the forum think.

Many thanks in advance

loz

Sponsored Links
If you want a good orbital you need to triple the budget, got a Makita and although an orbital performs like a belt sander.

Thanks foxhole - ill have a look - I'm def happy to spend the money for something decent. :cool:

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
The best all round sander is the Festool RO 90.
You have random orbit eccentric for fine work or forced rotation eccentric for fast material removal. Ideal for paint removal!
And then you have the fast fix delta attachment for corners.
At nearly four hundred quid though it might not be your cup of tea.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back