Good cold water pressure, bad hot water pressure, limescale?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

Great forum.

We have a gas combi boiler and the hot water pressure out of it is dismal. The cold water pressure is great but you cannot run two taps with hot water on. Heating is fine.

I am only looking for "potential" causes here, and I am wondering if having the exchanger treated for limescale would help. Any comments?

Also the temperature mixer tap on the shower is almost jammed tight - any ideas? Takes alot of elbow grease to move it and lets just say you don't have much fine control over the setting.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
:rolleyes: You say the water pressure is great? Water pressure and water flowrate are two totally different things.

What combi boiler is it?
Is there a throttle setting for the hot water?
Are the washers ok in the hot taps?
Are there any in-line filters within the boiler? ARE THEY CLEAN?
You will be lucky to get two taps to run at the same time even with the better end of the combi boilers.

i am not 100% sure, but it may that is normal, we have a combi, and can not run two hot taps at same time

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back