Good exterior combination padlock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've always used SQUIRE CP50 padlocks http://www.amazon.co.uk/Squire-CP50...0RLU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1324562868&sr=8-1 for exterior combination padlocks at work, but have found that since they changed the design I've had a number where the button you press to open the lock has broken off meaning they have to be replaced and they generally feel less well constructed. The old version with an occasional squirt of wd40 seemed to go on for years.

Any suggestions for an alternative, in a similar price range

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the suggestion, But I need combination padlocks in this situation.

Sponsored Links
You need a good combination lock to have any lock at all, its like having no lock at all given that there is no key. I can open most locks of this type just by feel, even the ones you need to press a button to release. I opened a £50 lock in 10 mins. I have been stumped by one, I'll have to write the make and model as its quite good!
The 'safe dial' types are far more tamper proof although I have managed one of these. A better option is a push button combination, they are tamper proof as you don't get any feel during tampering.
Combination locks are a minor deterant but any padlock is subject to cropping off.

The one I can't open is a squire csl1, about £14.
A cheap set of bolt-croppers will sort it but the same goes for all cheap locks!
http://www.squirepadlocks.co.uk/squ...rass-padlock-combination-4-wheel.html[/QUOTE]

A lock, no matter the cost, will only stop an honest person!

Just as I said!
For info, I only open locks for personal challenge, and occasionally at work to change the code for a laugh, confused workmates wondering why their locks won't open!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back