Good new boiler ???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I currently have a powermax 155 and had enough of it. So im in the market for a new boiler.
I live in a 2 bedroom mid terrace. Quite small house, new build.

Any idea of a good smallish boiler - tobe honest anything is better than the powermax I have. Been looking at the Biasi Riva Compact 24HE Combi Boiler.

Also any idea on how much to install it ? (I live in South East, Kent)

Thanks
Christian

Sponsored Links
Do search on Broag on this forum. Get the outside weather temperature sensor. The 39C combi will do all you need in a 2 bed house.

The Biasi is one of the most reliable boilers on the market but I would advise the 28 kW or 32 kW rather than the basic 24 kW.

The 32 kW will almost match the flow rate you get from the 155 but it will be rather less so be aware of that.

Tony

The Biasi is one of the most reliable boilers on the market but I would advise the 28 kW or 32 kW rather than the basic 24 kW.

The 32 kW will almost match the flow rate you get from the 155 but it will be rather less so be aware of that.

Tony

BIASI is akin to scrap

Sponsored Links
this question crops up most days

browse //www.diynot.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=7 and read a few of the similar posts

or look at //search.diynot.com/forum_sear...it=drop&since=any&author=&search=Search+Forum

You are not compelled to have a Combi boiler, although many installers will want to sell you one. A combi will not give such a good hot flow as a power shower and will be rather slow to fill a bath.

Except under very unusual conditions, you will have to have a Condensing boiler, which will be more efficient than your old one. However it will blow out a plume of steam from the flue on cold days, so put it where this will not be a nuisance to you or to neighbours. On a blank wall without windows is often good.

It is vitally important to have your old system thoroughly cleaned before installing a new boiler, and preferably have a Magnaclean or Sentinel filter or similar fitted to prevent old sediment getting into the new boiler and pump.

this question crops up most days

browse //www.diynot.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=7 and read a few of the similar posts

or look at //search.diynot.com/forum_sear...it=drop&since=any&author=&search=Search+Forum

You are not compelled to have a Combi boiler, although many installers will want to sell you one. A combi will not give such a good hot flow as a power shower and will be rather slow to fill a bath.

Incorrect. There are two bathroom combis around that will pour out the pressure and flow.

It is vitally important to have your old system thoroughly cleaned before installing a new boiler, and preferably have a Magnaclean or Sentinel filter or similar fitted to prevent old sediment getting into the new boiler and pump.

Sense at last.

OP that if you want to take the advice of someone who is incompetent, unqualified and has never fitted a boiler or unvented cylinder in his life, then go ahead.

All his information is obtained from brochures and the internet, where in both mediums, manufacturers are always going to paint their products in a good light. Just search his previous, outrageous posts on here and then see for yourself. The only posters that appear to agree with him are those that are him using a different 'alias' and talking to himself

You are still the laughing stock of this forum
:rolleyes: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

OP that if you want to take the advice of someone who is incompetent, unqualified and has never fitted a boiler or unvented cylinder in his life, then go ahead.

I know what you mean..they are some incompetent people here.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back