Good old wylex...

I hope you'll be billing Wylex for the CU change RF?

I have just unearthed 9 dodgy MCB's, and 5 EIC's relating to Wylex CU installs, and a note saying I called the recall line in June 2012. I had forgotten about it but what's the reckoning that Wylex have done SFA about it?

When's the guy supposed to be back from holiday, and do you have the number!?

Assuming they've done nowt, we should get on to watchdog etc!

I was hoping to but unfortunately my customer threw away the burnt out breakers, so it might be a bit more difficult now :(

I've got about 10 recalled breakers so hopefully will get something for them.

The number is 0844 556 4787 and apparently the chap who deals with it is back on Monday.

Sponsored Links
Back on the topic of this thread, I'm suprised issues like this are still showing up, I'd have thought that after 5? years. Either breakers would have either (a) been caught by the recall and swapped out, (b) burnt out and been replaced already, or (c) Be carrying such a small load (intruder alarm circuits, etc) that they'll probably never give trouble

The job I went to, the customer bought the house about 3 years ago and inherited the wylex board. I guess the previous owner never really loaded the board up. The new owner has a load of a few amps permanently running on the breaker that failed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back