wylex breakers, compatible replacements?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Need to find a 40A breaker that's compatible with the wylex NN type 2 ( or indeed a supplier of them if they are still available )

A friend of a friend has had a new shower fitted and it's tripping the breaker, not suprising considering that it's a 9.5KW and is on a 30A breaker..
The "installer" swapped the kitchen circuit to a spare 15A to free up the 30A.. not really a big shock that that too is tripping when the kettle, dishwasher, washing machine and microwave are on..

the breakers in the board are the type with a screw down plate that the wires go under rather than th type with a great big screw hole terminal ( if you know what I mean.. the bigger version of a terminal block type thing.. )

Sponsored Links
Some of the old proteus which cef can still get are the same profile as some old wylex , unfortunately i dont recall which model wylex

£20 + delivery?? wow..
I can get an enclosure and new MCB for about that from screwfix.. problem would be trying to get 10mm tails in with the busbars to feed it...

think you could gut the box and use the dinrail and new type breakers with the right busbar?

Sponsored Links
I've bought a new one and will use a bit of copper busbar I have lying about to fab a new bit to fit the new type after I've shortened the original one.. ( has 3-4 spare slots on it.. )

i'll do a pic and post it.. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back