Good Quality tubular door latches

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I am replacing the internal door furniture in my house. The exisiting old tubular door latches were of poor quality and the slack in the mechanism meant that you had to really push hard down on the handle to get it to unlatch.

I bought new latches from a local hardware store but they are not of very good quality. There is considerable slack in them and they stick, making it really hard to press the handle down. They are rapidly deteriorating with use.

Can anyone recommend a manufacturer or brand of good quality latches that have no slack and don't stick.

Thank-you!

Sponsored Links
Have you checked the slack is not in the bar passing through or the handle itself before you replace the latches again?

Hi, thanks for the reply. Yes I have checked this. it's new bars and handles. They are tightly fitting onto each other and the bar also fits tightly into the square of the latch. It's the 'square hole' in the latches themselves that turn a bit before starting to retract the latch and they can also stick.

Sponsored Links
I notice they do some Union branded ones on later pages might be your best bet ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back