1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Door handle latches - quality

Discussion in 'Windows and Doors' started by kitessurfer, 30 Mar 2021.

1. kitessurfer

kitessurfer

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I'm on my third internal door upgrade and still haven't found a good quality latch to use. There doesn't appear to be a good mid range 62mm backset latch. The few which cost £6-6 in tool station or screwfix have very poor ratings and I'm put off. I've ended up buying £1 because there's no other choice.
    Any recommendations please for quality latch 62mm. Chrome or brass type finish. The best I've seen are wickes which come with some door handle sets ( they're the ones I've taken off 20 year old door ...but they look worn and more importantly the wife wants them changed ).

2. Swwils

Swwils

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    UNION do a massive range of backset latches - including ones with nylon latch - so they are silent. Range between £3-12.

Im also a fan of the UNION Fastlatch - much neater if you haven't already carved the door up.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Sponsored Links
  4. JohnD

JohnD

Thanks Received:
    Cook Islands
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. kitessurfer

kitessurfer

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Thx all. screwfix cheapo under a pound. Spring very noisy and action just feels so cheap.
    Bought similar cheap by Eclipse that was better than this latest one

Attached Files:

6. Sponsored Links
  7. kitessurfer

kitessurfer

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Interesting all the Yale latches in wickes not specifying backset but overall depth. None meet my requirement. Though opposite to latches you got door handles some with latches that are backset I require, surprisingly they don't sell just those latches. So online it will be then ). I stop whining .
    Final cheap latch installed today, after 3 I'm improving my carpentery skill

Attached Files: