Google ads

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
WTF is this?

And when I click on it, it brings up some Japanese page about Cashtec Electronics, which doesn't contain a single working link!!! :eek:

And why wont my numerous ad blockers block google ads? I could do without this meaningless nonsense being displayed on my pearl slimline 19 inch monitor. (Hyacinth Bucket moment there)

Sponsored Links
Looks like a level sensor instrument to me, you wouldn't want the water level in your endless pool with a tin roof on to drain down without you noticing would you?? :D

it's an FM aerial.

How much is it? I need one of them :LOL:

Sponsored Links
crafty1289 said:
And why wont my numerous ad blockers block google ads? I could do without this meaningless nonsense
How many times - GET FIREFOX.

Now, here's an interesting thing - I have posted this advice before and had it removed by the mods, when I accompanied it with the "get firefox" logo linked to their download page. I would like a little clarification from the mods whether it was that which they objected to (which I sort of understand as it could constitute "advertising"), or if they don't want people being told how to remove their own Google ads.

If the latter, may I argue the following: firstly I suspect any revenue you get from ad traffic will most likely be from new users (who probably would be on areas of the forum other than GD, and therefore seeing more appropriately targeted ads), and secondly - the only people likely to take advice on removing ads are those who specifically don't want to see them, for example crafty in this topic.

Would appreciate clarification of your stance on this!

Back