Google nexus 5 the iPhone killer

I've never had, nor ever wanted a smartphone but, joking apart, the relatively cheap price of this model has caught my attention.

How would you say it compares to my wife's iPhone 4, apart from price that is?

Sponsored Links
The iphone 4 is obsolete compared to the nexus 5, even the iPhone 5 doesn't come close to it, the spec is top of it's class surely and to price it that low is unreal, I can see plenty of these selling sim free

Not really, Kitkat is the only Nestle product they have used, it can be any food brand.

Indeed, any food.

Nestle is their first tie-up with a brand and if Nestle have any sense (I'm sure they do), they will have written a piece into the contract to insist that there will be XX years before another product tie-up goes live, so they can live off the glory of it after KK vs 4.4 has been superseded.

crank - the Nexus 4 sold so well at one point Google were completely sold out.

Sponsored Links
Calm down Ed!

The Nexus 5 is a smartphone, not a tab...

The Nexus 7 is the tablet.

And if you swallowed that bu gger, you would have a headache!

Its ok i am gracefully bowing out of the thread as i have absolutely no idea what you and crank are on about !!

Not really, Kitkat is the only Nestle product they have used, it can be any food brand.

Indeed, any food.

Nestle is their first tie-up with a brand and if Nestle have any sense (I'm sure they do), they will have written a piece into the contract to insist that there will be XX years before another product tie-up goes live, so they can live off the glory of it after KK vs 4.4 has been superseded.

My take on it is that the tie in is a multi year deal/contract so the next few android versions will be named after any chocolate/biscuit or dessert from the Nestle stable hence why i said you can't just come up with any old chocolate/biscuit or dessert

Of course i may be wrong and it might be a 1 shot deal in which case i agree that they would probably have written in a clause stipulating no other tie in from any other confectioner for the next xxx years

My take on it is man up and get something fit for purpose rather than an adult vtech toy. (Sorry forgot i've left the thread :( )

Which device do you consider the adult vtech toy?

Oops! :oops: Edited to add the word "vtech"......

All tablets, never seen anyone use them for much other than watching films, reading books, playing games and taking photos. I really fail to see why people want them?

All tablets, never seen anyone use them for much other than watching films, reading books, playing games and taking photos. I really fail to see why people want them?

Some airlines don't offer in flight entertainment,they are ideal for this.

I have to agree for the moment but apparently we are already seeing a downturn in PC and laptops sold and its been said within a short time laptops will be obsolete so someone somewhere is finding a use. I'd find one handy for writing and submitting reports and being able to attach photos all while still being on site or close to so i might invest or get the company to

This is a joke, right?

Like What have the Romans ever done for us?

You've just named 4 uses!!

You could buy one instead of an e-reader for kick-off. It'll do a lot more.

This is a joke, right?

Like What have the Romans ever done for us?

You've just named 4 uses!!

You could buy one instead of an e-reader for kick-off. It'll do a lot more.

No not at all, I'd buy an ereader but seriously what do you use your tablet for?? Serious question.

No not at all, I'd buy an ereader but seriously what do you use your tablet for?? Serious question.
I thought the same but eventually got one, great for email, web browsing, watching movies on holiday and looking up local info, books, Skype if you use it plus lots of other things. Much quicker and lighter than lugging a laptop around.

Updating the youngest's football team subs spreadsheet, then sending it out - will that do?

Sponsored Links
Back