Gordon Brown - How much longer can he hang on?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
From Reuters

LONDON, Nov 18 (Reuters) - British Prime Minister Gordon Brown's popularity is at its lowest since he came to power in June, a poll showed on Sunday, amid reports of clashes with his ministers and criticism of the bailout of Northern Rock bank.

In a YouGov poll of nearly 2,000 people published in the Sunday Times, 33 percent thought Brown was doing a good job as prime minister, against 43 percent who said they thought he was doing badly.

Last month 59 percent though he was doing well, compared to 29 percent who said he was doing a bad job.

The 'night of the long knives ' can't be that far away. If his current fall from grace continues, the Labour Party will end up behind the Lib Dems.

The whispering must be starting. Apparently the arguments have already begun.

Does anyone see Brown in charge by the time the next election comes along?

Can't see it myself.

Sponsored Links
the sooner the better this dip stick has gone hope he takes Darling with i'm :LOL:

The dictator he clearly is, hopefully not very much longer! The chickens on his previous budgeting strategies are already starting to come home to roost & poor Mr Darling isn’t really up to it is he. The problem is I can only see wimps hiding in the wings!

Sponsored Links
While I'm not overjoyed at being governed by a sweaty :LOL: Lets not forget that he has recently taken over the leadership from 10 years of Bliar. Had the situation been reversed and we'd have had 10 years of Gordo, would we still have the 'problems' we currently experience/are facing?
It's been widely known that they didn't see eye to eye, could it be that Brown is now having to tackle problems caused by Blairs decisions, that Brown originally opposed.

What he needs to do to save his azz, is to grow some balls, take charge and make some big decisions, reverse a few trends and be seen to be making positive moves.

Cameron knows this, which is why he's getting all pre-emptive with tory policies, so he can say "stop nicking our ideas" causing Brownie even more embarrasment, effectively check-mating him.

Todays headlines won't help!
Alistair Darling accused of spending £billions of-taxpayer's money propping up Northern Rock with absolutley no guarantee of ever getting the money back despite earlier assurances.
Gordon Brown wants to ban plastic bags.
Ho hum :rolleyes:

The £40 billion loan to Northern Rock equates to £900 for every taxpayer in the UK.

Surely you can't take that amount out of the economy and gamble with it without severe risk to the economy should it go belly-up?

dont buy any new furiture for no 10 u wont see it wore out, only put out :LOL:

still cant get over the image of his hands shaking in the commons when david cameron had him on the ropes. sooner this bunch go the better. Glad to say i never voted for them, but then no-one not even his own party voted for this idiot at No 10

While I'm not overjoyed at being governed by a sweaty :LOL: Lets not forget that he has recently taken over the leadership from 10 years of Bliar. Had the situation been reversed and we'd have had 10 years of Gordo, would we still have the 'problems' we currently experience/are facing?

Would we still have had a country after 10 years of Gordo ? ?

My understanding when he took over was to let him have some time in the sun after years of loyal service. Then dump him after about a year giving his sucessor time to prepare for the general election.

Cheers

Richard

And now we also have the fiasco with child benefit.

This is a huge breach of the Data Protection Act in my opinion, and I think it's about time these incompetent bafoons where forced to hold a General Election. I just hope that when the time comes we all go out and vote in mass.

A low turn out at elections makes all of the political parties think they can do what they like because the voters don't really care.

I'd also like to point out that the press are saying the information was lost by a "courier", as I understand it this is not correct as the package was sent via an overnight parcel service. A "courier" is someone who collects an item, then takes it directly to the recipient, and obtains a signature to confirm delivery from the recipient. Being a courier myself it really bugs me when people use this word for other types of delivery service.

Sponsored Links
Back