GoSystem QP8088H Gas Blow Torch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Purchased this last week for £30 on ebay to do some pipework using pre-soldered fittings without any issues at all. Not having had experience of brazing I looked at Youtube videos before using and all the torches had a really well defined central cone of flame. Using this torch not so, pls see attached photo.

So for future reference which part of the flame should I be applying to the fitting to get the best result. I went for the middle half way down the flame and applied for about 12 seconds roughly until I could just about see the silver emerge.

I've used it over the space of a few days and done about 15 joints and noticed it now takes a couple of goes of the piezo before it actually lights from cold, it also leaves a smell of gas after using. Is this normal?

Attachments

• 20170128_155418.jpg
    20170128_155418.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 240
Sponsored Links
1. If you turn the flame down (knurled brass screw on back of head) the cone should be better defined.
2. The hottest part of the fame is the blue cone. That's what you apply.
3. Move the flame around the fitting and pipe to get the heat applied as evenly as possible.
4. If its taking longer to light, the inside of the nozzle may need cleaning.
5. It shouldn't leave a smell of gas. If the smell is there with the torch connected to the cylinder, again it may just need cleaning. If the smell is there after you remove the cylinder, its the cylinder seal. They are usually poor. I always leave mine connected to avoid the smell and an accumulation of gas in the tool case, but I take the risk it drops and the neck breaks.

That's a swirl/turbine nozzle on that, not a standard nozzle so you won't get a cone as such. Top of the bright blue section is the hottest but with that then middle of the flame will be fine. Just don't have it blasting away, flame shouldn't be too 'loud'

Flame looks ok to me I had a torch with a worse flame than that for years and it worked ok for me and I never had any problems.Bob

Sponsored Links
That's a swirl/turbine nozzle on that, not a standard nozzle so you won't get a cone as such.

This. I have the same torch.
If you look down the nozzle you'll see metal deflectors. The idea is that it makes the flame 'wrap' around the target area.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back