Got a new combi boiler, suddenly noisy central heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So I had a new boiler installed (an Ideal Logic 24) and while my heating is now running much more reliably, and the boiler itself is much quieter, I hear water noise in every room, whereas before the system was almost silent. I suspect that the pump in the new boiler is circulating the water much faster than the old one. Is it possible to turn the speed down (I understand that for this model, unlike my old boiler, you need to be corgi registered to even open up the cover, so I can't even look myself to see if there's an adjustment)? If not, is there anything else that can be done to get rid of the noise?

Sponsored Links
Nope you cant turn down the pump speed of the new boiler and you are correct in your assumptions of the new pump being more powerfull, you need to get your installer back to either balance the system properly or set your system by-pass correctly

On any noisy radiators ensure you open both radiator valves fully. That should keep it quiet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back