Got hot water but no central heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Puma 80 runs fine when using hot water only. I put on the CH system and it runs, the rads get hot but then the boiler cuts off the flame and the pilot light. The fan(gas?) still runs (flows) and I am able to reset the pilot light immediately and continue until it cuts out agin. I can hear clicking sound when it cuts out. Pilot "stem" (thin looking piece of wire) glows bright red when system operating. Anyone any Ideas???

Sponsored Links
if your thermocouple glows bright red when the boiler is operating it is one of 2 things.
1. the heat exchanger has restrictions through the fins which will hold the heat down inside the combustion area.
2. the fan is on it's way out. puma fans can slow down enough to hold down the heat but still be fast enough to operate the aps.

Try bleeding the radiators, it seems to be everyone elses first solution.
icon_lol.gif

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back