Goverment anti-lying department creaks into action

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
Great to see that although it is too late for Boris, there is now a government department with the job of reprimanding lying ministers.

"The chair of the UK Statistics Authority has admonished Treasury ministers for making potentially misleading claims about the level of personal taxation in Britain — his third such intervention in three months."

"He criticised Laura Trott, chief secretary to the Treasury, for claiming on November 22 that “taxes for the average worker have gone down by £1,000” and a week later that “taxes for the average worker will have gone down by £1,000 since 2010”.

"Eagle also complained about comments from Bim Afolami, economic secretary to the Treasury, on January 8 when he claimed that “taxes are coming down” leaving average earners better off."

"The letter is the third intervention by Chote in as many months questioning ministers’ dubious use of statistics. In December he reprimanded Prime Minister Rishi Sunak for claiming that debt was falling."

FT.com

I wonder when he will be axed.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Porkie pies / being economical with actual
Alletare is part of governments and political parties

Always has been always will be irrespective of who they are

Seems like some in here (?) don’t quite get it :ROFLMAO:

No surprise tbh

All political parties are involved with the biggest porkie pie ?? not telling the truth ?? Being economical with actual alleterre ??

Net Zero ;)

They could have manned a whole department just for Boris alone. (y)

Lying scum.
These morning rants of yours, Nosey, they remind me of someone clearing the phlegm out of their throats when they get out of bed every morning. :ROFLMAO:

These morning rants of yours, Nosey, they remind me of someone clearing the phlegm out of their throats when they get out of bed every morning. :ROFLMAO:
yes Tory phlegm does need clearing out

Sponsored Links
Back