Grano

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All
I am about to lay a screed which will be about 20mm-30mm deep. Because if is less than 50mm I understand that I can't use standard screed but will need to use 6:1:2 (grano:building sand:cement).

Does anyone know how to work out the amount of grano/sand/cement needed? Can I just take the grano volume as the final volume? Does anyone have a ballpark for number of 25kg bags of materials needed to produce 1 metre cubed for example?

Thanks for any help.
Chris

Sponsored Links
the mix will need to be, 2 parts granite, 2 parts sharp or screed sand and 1 part cement. you will still need a fairly dry "screeders mix" but it will dry rock hard.

what size is the floor you are screeding?

Hi Noseall.
Thanks for your correction.

The area is 2.7m x 4.2m and the screed will be between 20mm and 30mm so I will need a volume of about 0.3metres cubed.

When you say granite - is that 6mm granite chips?

Chris

you will need; 6, no. 25kg's of cement.
12, no. 25kg's chippings. (6mm chippings)
12, no. 25 kg's sharp sand. (screed sand, grit sand etc.)

Sponsored Links
Hi Noseall

Just wanted to thank you for your advice. Your quantities were spot on and the screed went down well - although it was hard work. I would advise anyone else doing the same to definteily have two of you as it makes leveling it off so much easier.

The advice from everyone on here concerning thin screeds and grano was invaluable though. Thanks again

Chris

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back