Grant Vortex Combi 26 Outside Oil Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help

I have a 4 year old Grant Vortex Combi 26 Outside Oil Boiler and have nothing but problems from day one.

The main problem we have now is we have to force the heating on by turning the power off and on. If we put the controller up to say 26C the heating stays on and then when it reaches the end of a heating cycle, it turns itself off and doesnt come back on, even though the controller is still demanding heat. The hot water is working fine.

We have had a number of 'experts' and they have basically changed and swapped almost everything out of the boiler. I would be very suprised if there is anything left of the original boiler apart from the piping and external casing.

I have had the boards changed recently and that never worked. We even changed the controller.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Everything points to a problem in the external controls rather than the boiler. As Dickie says, they are a simple boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back