Grants Vortex 15/26 Pro Oil Condensing Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Grants Vortex 15/26 Condensing Boiler newly installed as well as a new oil tank installed. After filling the tank I ran out of oil as my reading within my new property still had a digital read out of half full (obviously not working properly) Once I re-filled the tank I tried to start the boiler using the lock-out button but it wasn't kicking in. I have since tried to bleed the system of any air (removing arounf 2 litres of oil) but the boiler will still not kick in. Anyone any ideas - can't get a plumber for love nor money !!

Sponsored Links
Where did you bleed the oil from? If not the pump, then you will wait forever.

Sponsored Links
If you tried to restart it too many times before bleeding, there's apossibility you have worn out the pump. Without a pressure gauge it is difficult to diagnose, but if you try to start it a couple of times, you will see wether the blast tube is wet. If not, you may have ruined it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back