graphic card

BOB.DOLE said:
Board: VIA 693A 2A6LGH2D
does this help
That's the chipset details for the motherboard. Is there not a motherboard name or model? Just copy and past a chunk of the report into the thread.

Sponsored Links
BOB.DOLE said:
i have looked in my bios and it says agp x2
can i change this setting i just bought a geforce 4000 x8
will this work there is a free pint here

I looked it up myself not long ago, the AGP board will workm but throttle itself back to whatever the motherboard can support, if the m/b is AGP2x max, that's all you will get, but the board probably has lots of memory and processing power so will make an improvement.

If you want to speed up your PC, extra memory wil make a bigger difference than anything else.

But try not to fall into the trap of spending heaps of money souping up your old machine, and it's still a Morris Minor with go-faster stripes when you could have bought something newer.

JohnD said:
But try not to fall into the trap of spending heaps of money souping up your old machine, and it's still a Morris Minor with go-faster stripes when you could have bought something newer.
I couldn't agree more. To be honest, I wouldn't even have bothered with a new graphics card unless the old one had died and the machine was only used for surfing.

Sounds like you memory could do with a good upgrade it isnt dear..about 15 quid a pop

Sponsored Links
chuck it all away

you dont want to upgrade that useless piece of kit honestly bin it asap

i you have less than a 2 ghz cpu then your wasting your time on good games now

and u will need at least 1 gig memory

100 quid will buy u a gcard that will play all games but not with the bells n whistles on

go to overclockers.co.uk or overclock.co.uk

check out the costing to upgrade as there are loadsa ways to afford it

ie buy a barebones system and build it bit by bit

gl :LOL:

ps keep your old pc as a spare / or use it to download on in case of virus attacks etc

Back