gravel boards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have just had a new fence erected with concrete posts and gravel boards the gravel boards are about 6 inches or so off the ground leaving quite a big gap is this right i expected them to touch the ground. can anyone give me some advice please before i pay the bill.

Sponsored Links
They should touch the ground at some point. If the ground is not level they may touch at the highest point but there will be a gap at the lowest point. Any gaps are usually backfilled though.

If the board is 6 inches off the ground all the way along it sounds like the posts are out of plumb and the gravel board is getting wedged at the bottom. I wouldn't pay until the problem was sorted.

How are they suspended off the ground? Also, is the top of the fence level with the top of the concrete posts.

A picture would be good.

Sponsored Links
How are they suspended off the ground? Also, is the top of the fence level with the top of the concrete posts.

A picture would be good.

the fencer agreed this was not right and has now corrected the problem with another gravel board and now there is no gap and yes the fence at the top is level with posts

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back