Gravity fed problems. Hot water on only - Radiators hot

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have a 15 year old gravity fed system. When i put on the hot water only, the radiators get very hot and the hot water gets used up. I had both the radiators on and the hot water on and the house got very hot. i turned the room thermostat down to 10c but the radiators stayed very hot.

Please help

Thanks

Glenn

Sponsored Links
On the heating flow pipe there should be an anti gravity valve it is usually within a few feet of boiler, looks like a brass socket . This is sticking and allowing water around heating circuit. Needs changing

or tapping with a Brummie screwdriver..(hammer) ;)

is it all the rads or just upstairs ones, if so get ya brummie screwdriver to hand

Sponsored Links
oh yeh
forgot to say
The system is gravity fed but is a fully pumped system.
Does this make a difference??
Somebody mentioned to me could be wired up wrong??
Thanks

wired up wrong ide say either that or your control valve is letting heat by/stuck open, it will be a three port or 2x two ports

If this problem has only occured recently and no work has been carried out on the system recently then a 2-port or 3-port valve is probably faulty.
If the system has been doing it for 15 years then the system is wired up wrong or piped up wrong.

Nige F said:
or tapping with a Brummie screwdriver..(hammer) ;)

Or your apprentice when youve had a day like mine with him (or her)

David

Most old systems on gravity would have the roomstat contoling the pump directly

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back