Grease is the word

L

longdogs

hi

I'm painting a kitchen at the moment and part of one wall and some of the ceiling is coated in thick grease from the owner's cooking. Will I need to remove this completely or is there a way of sealing it first so that the paint will take?

Thanks v much

Sponsored Links
If you have a Travis Perkins near you , they do a heavy duty de-greaser in a spray bottle. spray it on, leave for five mins then wipe off. I used it today infact for the same purpose.

Sponsored Links
Might have to try that Dean as i sugar soaped a kitchen wall this week and where it had been painted with contract crap it soften up and peeled off

If you have a Travis Perkins near you , they do a heavy duty de-greaser in a spray bottle. spray it on, leave for five mins then wipe off. I used it today infact for the same purpose.

Thanks. I will get some from TP at the weekend. I did try Jewsons this morning (made sure I had at least a grand in my pocket to cover it :D ) but they didn't have it.

Get some 'elbow grease' from the pound shop - bright yellow and shifts grease like magic. White spirit is good too.

I did a plumbing course (sorry painters) at my local college as I was bored and had some spare time.

Their was a pound shop around the corner, I could not resist going in a lunch time and taking things to the counter and asking how much things cost.

Is it wrong if I find things like that funny ?

I did a plumbing course (sorry painters) at my local college as I was bored and had some spare time.

Their was a pound shop around the corner, I could not resist going in a lunch time and taking things to the counter and asking how much things cost.

Is it wrong if I find things like that funny ?

No, I think it's funny too. When I was in India on holiday, we were taken to this huge outdoor 'time museum'. A local guide spent an hour showing us all these different sun dials and instruments for telling the time all around the world, and the position of the sun and all the planets etc. When it was time to go back to the coach, I couldn't resist asking him what the time was.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back