Great, yet more changes to the regs...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
OK so recently we have had the Part P regulations fiasco, Part L which means that we are going to be living in unventilated boxes, and no doubt a string of other regs that aren't in our best interests.

Now I read that the EU is imposing itself on our building regs, this time against the humble housebrick.

Yes, apparently in the interests of European harmonisation, the UK standard brick of 215x102.5x65mm is now wrong, and we have to conform to the new European standard brick of 215x100x65mm (surprisingly, identical to the "Napolean" standard brick, as defined back in Napoleonic France). :evil: 2.5mm. 1/10th of an inch. Because of that, all the brick companies have to retool at massive cost, and all the brickies are going to have to readjust (amazing the difference 2.5mm makes to your hands). :rolleyes:

Whatsmore, this is going to apply from 1st of June so anyone building houses that have not been finished by then, in the UK brick size, will need to reapply for planning permission due to the invisible difference in brick size or face fines and/or demolition.

Sponsored Links
Not to question you, but where did you read this?
(considering the date today :?: )

Oh dear either he is hook line and sinker or woodulike is on the ball.

Sponsored Links
I think this is the first 1 I have come across this year. I assume it is one of them.

Well, it's hard to think of them where DIY is at stake, especially with a midday deadline! ;)

Yes, like the microwave fridge and the spaghettit trees, it was made up :p

Are you telling the truth now Adam, you didnt get caught did you??????? :LOL:

No, no, I made it all up! I realised that bricks are about the only things that haven't been subjected to all kinds of changes in regulations recently.

I won't be expecting my nomination for the "best April fool" awards for it! :LOL:

Has anyone pulled any good ones (or even bad ones) today?

Well this was miy e-mail (from a hastily-made hotmail address) to two colleagues travelling to America tomorrow - They took it hook, line and sinker, especially the girl......

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for the above reservation – We are looking forward to welcoming you as our guests this weekend to our Salisbury, MD hotel.

We shall be hosting a large party this weekend and so, as beneficiaries of the *********** corporate rate, we have taken this opportunity to offer you a complimetary upgrade of your reservation to one of the luxury caravans on our new trailer complex that we are assembling at the southern end of our parking lot.

These feature all of the luxuries that you would associate with our standard rooms, including queen-sized bed, wireless internet access and television featuring free HBO and ESPN. Unfortunately not all of the utilities are fully connected at this point, but we will naturally provide you with access to the main hotel so that you can use restroom and washing facilities, as well as high-wattage electrical items such as hairdryers and kettles.

Breakfast facilities will be served as usual outside our Alvin Snyder meeting rooms.

I trust that this meets with your approval, and the whole Hampton Inn Salisbury team are looking forward to welcoming you this weekend.

Have a nice day !!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Presumably this is one too.... http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/04/01/bush_twins_volunteer/
but I haven't seen the website 'fess up yet.

Brilliant! Subtle enough that it could be true, yet still quite harsh!

This morning I telephoned a friend, posing as his company's site security. I warned him that company-sensitive documents that he had authored, had been found left out overnight in his office. As they were on another engineer's desk then we would overlook the breach of security this time, on condition that he was very sorry, and would attend a security brief.

He fell for it, quite worried. Unbeknownst to me at the time, this has really happened to several people in his office in the last few weeks! :LOL:

He asked where to go for the "security brief", I hadn't really expected to be able to string him along for more than a few seconds. So I panicked and instructed him that he should go directly to Ms D's pants (Ms D being his boss). "Everything you need to know is in Ms D's security briefs"... Funnily enough, he realised it wasn't real then. :LOL:

Well I always use Imperial bricks. Are you saying they are going to be phased out?

Sponsored Links
Back