Green Belt Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a friend who has horse stables within the defined green belt.
Now this horse stable is situated end of a row of terraced houses. The stable is L shaped and is 11.3m by 9.2m.

Please see attached site plan. The plans are to demolish the stables and construct a 2 storey house on the foot print 11.3m by 9.2m.

My friend has a site consultation with the planning officer next week.
What are the chances of him getting a successful approval

Attachments

• 20171122_201701.jpg
    20171122_201701.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 110
Sponsored Links
Ooh, about zilch. Defined green belt was the clue.

Having said that, the budget hoping to encourage more house building, may give him hope.

When you've got a spare few hours sit down and read your local planners green belt policy. They are usually written in undecipherable gobbledygook but there may be some guidance regarding new homes. It also helps to look at similar applications and read the planning officers report to get some idea of the policies.

As Doggit suggested it won't be easy. Apart from anything else there seems to be a distinct lack of amenity space, garden, parking etc.

I would think there is some chance since the land has been developed and it is bookending an existing residential development.

I think it would have to be a building of high architectural merit that has a connection with the existing building. In reality that means spending a lot of cash.

However perhaps there has been a previous refusal??? If so then that makes it even harder.

Sponsored Links
My friend has a site consultation with the planning officer this friday.
Will update

Thanx all

It will be good to hear.

It would be a bit surprising perhaps if there has not been a previous application though, which can be a sort of death knell. However they can be overturned if there is a matieral change in planning policy, or you can construct a very strong argument yourselves.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back