PD rights for side extension on a L shaped house continued..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
continued...I have now added a plan showing front of my stable conversion it is in an L shape the front is shown on the plan and it has a porch. I have a certificate of lawfulnes on the house and the land.

I have been told today by a local builder that Bromley Council may try to deem the extension as a rear and side...??? Any ideas on this, he said it is because it is an L Shape. As i understand it from the portal rules that it can be half the width of the house at its widest point which is 15.4 m wide.?? HELP..!!! please, thanks in advance. i have no restrictions on pd rights, i am in the green belt, but not a conservation area or anything like that.

Sponsored Links
The width of the extension must be taken from the cut-in to the front of the house. So if the house is 15.4m wide at the widest point your extension can be 7.7m wide but that is taken from the side wall of the cut-in NOT the side elevation of the rear extension. Hope that makes sense.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back