Green Colored Hook On Roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What is the purpose of this green colored hook on my roof ? It is hollow metal and protrudes into the loft about a foot and has cladding on it. Most of the houses in my area have one. It doesn't cause a leak but I can see some daylight when looking up at it from the loft. I have a roofer coming up to do some repairs and wonder if I should just have it removed and the hole sealed up. It is located just below the ridge.

4.jpg
20240124_150550_.jpg

Sponsored Links
There was a copper immersion heater at one time that sat directly under this hook in the kitchen on the floor below, so that sounds plausible. I think I will ask the roofer to remove it. It will probably result in a leak one day, it can move quite freely.

Sponsored Links
Its for the pigeons to grab onto when landing on the roof...

It's doing a great job keeping half the two tiles below it free of moss though! Just think, without it you'd never know what colour your roof was supposed to be :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back