Green Flux stain in carpet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just finished some plumbing in the airing cupboard and despite putting down a dust cover over the landing carpet, I spilt some molten green flux and it's penetrated the carpet.
I can't seem to move it with the traditional carpet cleaners or Fairy Liquid. has anyone any clues as to what might remove it please?
Any good suggestions might just save my life !!!!!!!
Regards

Sponsored Links
It might help if you give the make and type of the flux!

I dont remember seeing any green flux. Although most fluxes will turn green if you put some copper intom them!

As fluxes contain hydrochloric acid it might belp to use something like sodium carbonate to neutralise the acid.

Citric acid ( lemon juice ) might also help to dissolve green copper compounds if thats why the flux is green.

Tony

Yes, sorry, it's the flux after having been in a copper tube for a while. The Flux is La-Co Regular soldering flux, Non-Acid, Non-Toxic.
Thanks, I'll give them a try.

Regards

Yorkshire green flux c.1970 nice if you got it in a cut :eek:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back