greenhouse glass sealing rolls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone,
I just moved my greenhouse. It's a aluminum and glass with spring clips type. There was loads of putty like bedding material for the glass, i had to remove it all as it was falling apart and ridged.
I'm just wondering if I really need to replace the bedding material? or will the glass be ok without this?. Seen it for sale on e bay and it works out quite expensive to do the whole greenhouse but If it's needed then ill have to get it. any info on this matter would be great please. Thanks very mucho. regards mark

Sponsored Links
Hi Mark,
Have seen a few greenhouses with no glass cushioning or sealing material lately. they look like they have been up for ages so me thinks you'll get away with it. best of luck. mark

Would help if you detailed what you were looking at on e bay, but if it helps, I used Vallance Glazing Silicone, its clear and applied with a normal sealing gun. It was less than £3 a tube at one of the large DIY sheds (Q & B or sekiW).
You pay your money, you take your chance........

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back