Greenhouse - Polycarbonate ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Considering buying the good lady a Greenhouse for her birthday as it is one of the things she has always wanted.

We have two kiddies so safety is a concerned. That in mind what are the groups thoughts on Polycarbonate glazing as used in this .

The framing of the above greenhouse looks good in the picture but I am concerned about strength.

Any advice appreciated. Cheers Mick

Sponsored Links
marmaliser said:
The framing of the above greenhouse looks good in the picture but I am concerned about strength.
They're stronger than you think,my local DIY H/Base have got one made up in the compound for us to test it. :) See if your local DIY superstore got one made up.

Polycarb is quite rigid when it is correctly fitted into to the aluminium framework. i suppose there are different type of framework, last one I put up was an absolute swine to put together, takes a lot of adjusting to get the frames spot on, that one was the type that the frame had a grooved edge which the polycarb slotted into, if not in far enough there can be a tendency for the sheet to bow in high wind which can force it out. To insure against this I put a few self tappers in places that were more exposed to the wind.
Another word of warning is that some polycarb sheets are not rounded off at the edges, if this is the case wear thick gloves as you can slice your fingers off without them!!!
Glocko

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back