Greenhouse shading paint

JBR

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm surprised that this topic hasn't been discussed here before, or maybe it has? I did search!

I was wondering if anyone has tried using this to shade strong direct sunlight over the summer months. Of course, there are various types of shading blinds that can be used, but the ones I have seen are rather expensive.

From what I've seen of these paints, they are cheap and easy to apply. They claim to resist any washing away by rainfall, yet can easy be wiped away at the end of summer by using a damp cloth. Some, apparently, can alter their light and heat transmission according to the strength of incident sunlight.

I'd be grateful to hear of any experiences with these products, including their effectiveness.

Sponsored Links
I believe that my old neighbour usd emulsion but there is stuff called coolglass

Sponsored Links
Vitax Summer Cloud is one example.
Still, if no-one has used it I suppose there's no-one to advise!
Thanks anyway.

Will be getting a greenhouse within a week or two so I'll let you know what I find as I'll want to know too .

Thank you both.
Of course, it is too early in the year to bother about, but when the time comes I think we're going to need some sort of shading, and paint-on sounds the easiest and cheapest.
Believe it or not, our max/min thermometer in the greenhouse has been up to over 30 degrees C, and it's only February. Of course, that's with direct sunlight.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back