Greenstar RI boiler doing odd things

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure if this normal or not, but if my room stat calls the boiler for heat and its a cold start, the boiler will fire up for a few mins then turn off and it will knock at this point the flame icon is on the room stat is there so its calling, if I then leave it a couple of mins the boiler will fire up and its fine.

Had someone out they just suggested a new pump and power flush come in at £1080, before I part with that kind of money (lost job due to covid), I want to really be sure its that and not something else ? I read that you can bleed something in the boiler itself ?

Sponsored Links
Does your boiler heat up all your rads ,and give you as much hot water as you need ?
If it does ,don't waste your money.

Does your boiler heat up all your rads ,and give you as much hot water as you need ?
If it does ,don't waste your money.

Thanks for reply, yeah heating and water fine just a few min delay while the boiler sorts itself out. Does it sound like a sludge? The system has a magnetic filter on I clean out yearly its always covered.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Clean the filter more often than you do ,and worry about something else.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back