Greetings from our narrowboat.......!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I went ahead and bought the T mobile web n walk card - I can't believe I'm posting this from the boat............(sorry to be boring but I'm such a technophobe....it's amazing that I managed to set it up!!)

Off for a bevvy or two now in the club house!!! ;) ;) :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Hi Julie, are you now committed to the lifestyle of living in narrowboat permanently?

masona said:
Hi Julie, are you now committed to the lifestyle of living in narrowboat permanently?

Err not really Masona! ;) - although Dave would love to sell up and live the simple life on the canal :rolleyes: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

It's just that we are having loads of building work done on our house and because there is going to be loads of mess, we have decided to spend a few weeks on the boat while the 'dirty work' is being done - although Dave will be coming back to the house everyday as he will also be doing some of the work and to feed the cats and make sure they are ok!
As the boat isn't moored too far from where we live/work I can travel to work from the boat in about 40 mins

As I am doing a Masters degree (final year now.....amen!) I do need to have access to the internet when doing my work. So this primarily was my reason for wanting to connect to the internet at the boat as I can work in peace and quiet at the mooring rather that trying to see my computer screen at home through all of the dust clouds!!! (and getting in the builders way when using the computer).

But who knows - I am planning to retire from the NHS in about 5 years so maybe we will spend all of the summer months travelling the Country via the canals ;) :LOL: :LOL: - although I don't think I could completely give up having somewhere to live on terra firma.

Sponsored Links
Not cheap by the looks of it ?

Narrowboat, warm and cosy in Autumn, woodburnng stove just boiling water for the hot chocolate, am I jealous, Nah !!!!

well alright just a bit!

Back