Grey is grey and never brown. Eco slate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive just bought a load of eco tiles from a roofing shop online. They have arrived today and although they were meant to be grey upon opening them they appear brown. I have been told by the supplier they have a protective coating and after it rains a couple of times they will go grey but after scrubbing and washing some of them there is no colour change. Has anyone heard of this so called protective coating?

Below is a picture of the roofing tiles. In the picture where they say grey it does look brown.

http://www.iqbuildersmerchant.com/eco-roofing-slate-box-34-slates-13349-p.asp

Ive used tapco eco tiles before and was happy with them so will probably swap them out if im able to do so.

Sponsored Links
I like the way the blurb says they are "self-bonding". Does that mean they gradually melt?

I have no experience of it whatever.

I do know there are slate roofs still functioning after over a century. What's the oldest plastic thing you've seen, that lives outside?

Sponsored Links
The roof doesnt quite warrant the use of real slate as I need to walk on it every couple of years to change a security light bulb (although I have an LED one ready to go up). Its for a field shelter that im trying to tart up. I guess the real question is whats better for roof tiles, plastic or rubber?

The tapco are plastic the eco tile is rubber.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back