Grill pan --- no handle --- Health and Safety?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Recently bought a built in oven from a well-known retail chain and complained that the grill pan had no handle. The sales person said it was a health and safety issue.
I've searched the net and even emailed the Health and Safety Executive but no where can I find reference to H & S and grill pans.
Have I just been fobbed off or is there a real issue. It would be nice to known before I use the old grill pan I salvaged from my old oven in my new oven.

Thanks

Mike

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a classic "fob off"
I hate it when H&s is used as an excuse

Isn't one shown in the book?
What make?
I would contact the manufacturer

You'd think it's a H&S issue to NOT have one - what with having to pick up hot metal that has been sat a few inches away from a grille element 'n' all. Take the issue back to the shop; take the goods back if they don't play ball.

Nozzle

Sponsored Links
Did you have any spare parts you don't recognise, some ovens have grill pans with separate handles. Allow you to keep the grill pan in place without the handle obstructing.May have been missing and shop have know idea the handle is a loose item.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back