Grinding & noisy drum on Zanussi Washing Machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could anyone help please.

Our washing machine has been making rather a horrific noise when its spinning for the past few weeks. It came to a climax last night when the noise was unreal.... and it sounded as if something was seriously grinding round as the drum span.

I have tried to turn the drum by hand and it does turn however it feels as if it is grinding.

Ive taken the top off and looked at the belt and that seems ok.. the issue to me seems to be that I cant take the back off as its a sealed unit and the drum is obviously in its casing.... what to do..?

anyone got any ideas please.... 2 young children under 3 we need the washing machine rather desperatly.. thanks in advance

Dougie

Sponsored Links
Your bearings are shot.
This is a major/costly repair...& definitely not for the faint hearted.
Not an economical repair on an older machine, you would be better off putting the money towards a new one.

Agree with zipper have changed a few , can be a real pain, especially when you take care and time to remove bearing only to find the housing shot as well.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back