Groaning / vibrating noise from pressure vessel flexible pip

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - I hope that someone can help please .....

Last summer I had my water and central heating upgraded to a pressurised system - both the CH and HW are pressurised from the mains supply - I had to have the main feed pipe upgraded to 25mm as the old one was only 12mm or 15mm and the flow was not enough.

However I now get an occasional (well most mornings) droning / vibrating / hammering noise from the flexible pipe that goes to the pressure vessel for the Hot Water. This only usually happens first thing in the morning and once it has cleared it is fine again until the next day - it only starts when I turn on the HW tap (I'm not sure if the CW tap starts it as well).

How can I stop this please ? any suggestions gratefully received.
Cheers,
Mike.

Sponsored Links
I've got one doing the same. Did you fix it?
I've replaced the flexy pipe with copper - no difference.

Hi - I hope that someone can help please .....

Last summer I had my water and central heating upgraded to a pressurised system - both the CH and HW are pressurised from the mains supply - I had to have the main feed pipe upgraded to 25mm as the old one was only 12mm or 15mm and the flow was not enough.

However I now get an occasional (well most mornings) droning / vibrating / hammering noise from the flexible pipe that goes to the pressure vessel for the Hot Water. This only usually happens first thing in the morning and once it has cleared it is fine again until the next day - it only starts when I turn on the HW tap (I'm not sure if the CW tap starts it as well).

How can I stop this please ? any suggestions gratefully received.
Cheers,
Mike.

Make of the hot water cylinder is?

It turned out to be that the pressure vessel for the hot water was too high - I dropped it down from about 5 bar to about 1.5 and that sorted it all out.

Good luck,
Mike.

Sponsored Links
Flexi should be left disconnected unless in use filling :idea:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back