Grohe Ambi - fitting spout / rotation gold ring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone had any experience of fitting a Grohe Ambi monobloc tap please ?

I am trying to fit the spout and the instructions are pretty poor if i am being honest

There is a gold coloured shaped washer which i *think* needs to be dropped inside the actual tap which is what restricts the rotation, depending whether you put the groove to the left, the right or leave the washer out completely, allowing 360 degrees rotation

I have attached some photos showing the gold washer and inside of the tap which has 2 notches cut

Q1 - Are the notches inside the tap for the gold washer to drop in to and align - correct ?
Q2 - If so, then should this gold washer drop in easily as ours seems to get stuck half way so does it need a tap with a hammer to get it down into position ?

Obviously i'm not keen to do this for fear of not getting it out again

Q3 - On the photo of the instructions i have attached, next the 150 degrees option, there appears to be a picture of *something* next to the washer....it looks like an upside down saw or something....take a look....any ideas guys/gals ?

I've attached a few photos of the gold washer, end of spout and the instructions

TIA

clips-bottom-side.jpg clips-top-side.jpg instructions.jpg spout.jpg tap-inside.jpg

Sponsored Links
If you want 360 degree spout rotation,dont fit the brass spout limiter.

The brass spout limiter can be used to fix the spout in one position or 150 degree swing,hold the spout limiter against the spout and get an idea where the spout limiter needs to be dropped into the tap body.see Vlads video at 2,47.

the brass spout limiter needs to be pushed deep into the tap body by the spout,apply silicone grease to the spout o ring (you can use a smear of the grease to hold the limiter to the base of the spout). Now line it up and push it all the way home in ONE go :idea:. Then fit the spout securing circlip.

Plumbing (n)

If you want 360 degree spout rotation,dont fit the brass spout limiter.

The brass spout limiter can be used to fix the spout in one position or 150 degree swing,hold the spout limiter against the spout and get an idea where the spout limiter needs to be dropped into the tap body.see Vlads video at 2,47.

the brass spout limiter needs to be pushed deep into the tap body by the spout,apply silicone grease to the spout o ring (you can use a smear of the grease to hold the limiter to the base of the spout). Now line it up and push it all the way home in ONE go :idea:. Then fit the spout securing circlip.

Plumbing (n)

thanks for the reply hot&cold

I notice the video doesn't actually show the limiter being inserted into the tap housing so to summarize....

it is expected to be a tight fit, would benefit from greasing and then perhaps a slight tap to get down into position, yes ?

thanks again

I notice the video doesn't actually show the limiter being inserted
once its in,its a job to extract it but its possible.

it is expected to be a tight fit, would benefit from greasing and then perhaps a slight tap to get down into position, yes ?

Only push the limiter in with the spout,dont hammer it in (n)

Dont they supply some grease ?, it needs a good shove to seat the limiter and spout all in one go. carefully line it all up and go for it dont stop to take a phone call or get distracted (y)

Tbh the spout limitation idea is not their best selling point.Many people dont fit them :D

Sponsored Links
Thanks again....I'll give it a go in the morning

Yes they supply a little sachet of Syntheso LM 220....I'm guessing it's grease !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back