Grohe Wireless 36024 Pumped Shower Problem.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, first post, sorry for the length!

I have recently had a grohe wireless pumped 36024 system professionally installed, we have a gravity fed system, cold water tank in the loft, hot water cylinder in the airing cupboard below etc.

Initially we had problems with air getting into the system which meant that every day when we turned the pump on, we would get this awful screaching noise as the air was being sucked into the pump, sometimes this would pass and the shower would work normally, more often than not the shower would give up before the screaching stopped, the system would then prime and restart and hopefully would work the second time, sometimes this would involved sucking the pipe to get the water to come through!

Other times when we turned the shower on we wouldn't get the screaching to begin with, but we got to learn that it just sounded like it wasn't going to work and then would give up, you would then have to re-suck or lower the shower head to create a syphon which would hopefully bring to water through (with the screaching!). Once the water was through though the shower worked fine.

Anyhow, we had the plumber back to adjust the pipework and that has pretty much resolved the screaching, we still get a little bit to start (I'm just guessing but I wonder if when the pump is first turned on, it does suck a small amount of air in from the pipe that allows the air out of the hot water tank??).

The problem we now have is that the shower turns on ok but about every 4 days doesn't get to temperature, however, if you enter the service function on the remote and then either reset or manually open the inlet valve, which I understand from the rather undescriptive Grohe instructions primes the pump without the pump running, it seems to then work, but not all the time.

I don't know what priming is??

There is plenty of hot water and that is confirmed once you have gone through the priming kerfuffle (which actually doesn't always work first time), but I don't understand exactly what is happenning.

Why would it work for a few days ands then not work. Everything has been installed correctly as per the instructions.

Is it a problem with the pump??

Thanks if you have got this far!

Mike.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back