Grohe wireless pumped shower- too hot.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have an unvented boiler system with cold water tank in loft with hot water cylinder in airing cupboard.

Recently my outlet pipe on outside wall was pouring water ,I changed the Ballcock in cold water storage however problem persisted.

I then changed the strap on thermostat on cylinder which seems to have sorted that issue.

My wireless Grohe pumped shower,pump in attic,it is ceiling fed had displayed error 13 which appeared to be water too hot so it would activate with the anti scald shut off.

I have checked inlet filters going into pump but they seemed fine.
The pump is non serviceable so I am wondering if it is completely broken.

When the thermostat was fitted the shower was displaying error 11(water too cold) then error 13(water to hot).
I have tried using the controller to open inlet v which can help with forcing solenoid a open I think and the water coming out is very hot.

I have tried taking shower head off and turning water down to low temp and the water is boiling.

It just does not seem to be allowing cold water through.

Has anyone any ideas or do you think the pump has had it.
Thank you for reading.

Sponsored Links
Are you sure that the cold water tank/cistern :cool: is actually full of cold water ?

Hi,

Water is cold when I run taps and I have drained the cold water tank when checking the inlet pipes on pump yesterday.

Just wondering if it's coincidental my shower and thermostat have broken at same time or have I missed something when I have been faffing around.

I am not very experienced so any help is much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Those Grohtherm Wireless showers are really temperamental. I have two of them (the high-pressure ones rather than the pumped ones), and I find that turning off the mains electricity to the unit in the loft for a minute, then turning it on again, temporarily fixes many of the "getting stuck on hot/cold" events.

Alternatively, there is a "reset" function embedded in the service menu which also helps a lot. I suspect the software in the unit isn't up to the job :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back