Grohe Wireless Shower (pumped) - can it go on its side?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm about to install a Grohe Wireless gravity fed (pumped) shower unit. The instructions says this can be in any orientation (vertical, horizontal, or on an incline as long as the outlet is not downwards if inlet pressure < 0.1bar [not relevant in this instance]). However, this is a bit ambiguous as it's unclear whether the orientation applies only to the top/bottom plane (i.e. unit can be upright, on its back or in between) or if it can also apply to the side/side plane (unit can be upright, on its side or in between). The instructions only show it being mounted upright with inlets fed from the bottom, the outlet on one side and the power cable attached at the top.

To fit under the bath, but still permit access for any service work, I'd like to mount the unit on its side (so inlets are fed from one side, the power cable is attached at the other side and the outlet is facing upwards) - is this orientation OK?

Any guidance would be gratefully received!

Cheers,
Tone.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back